Friday, September 24, 2010

Demon in My View

By Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Book two of the Den  Of Shadows quartet

Seventeen year-old Jessica Allodola doesn't fit in at her high school, and she doesn't really care. She has a secret, however: she writes vampire fiction under the pen name Ash Night. What she doesn't know is that the characters in her books are real, and that some of them don't like what she's writing. When a new student shows up at her school, she immediately recognises him as the vampire Aubrey from her books. But he doesn't exist outside of her imagination, right? Jessica is about to find out just how real her vampires and their world are. This is one of my favorite stories by this author, and is, in my opinion at least, better written than the first book in this series. Interestingly, "Tiger, Tiger", Jessica's first book, has the same plot as In the Forests of the Night. I wish I could read Jessica's book Dark Flame, but I am pretty sure it only exists in this book.  Demon in My View is a great story, and the series, author, world, and characters are just amazing. I loved Jessica, Aubrey, Caryn, and even liked Fala. SUCH an awesome book!

No comments:

Post a Comment