Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Reformed Vampire Support Group

By Catherine Jinks

For Nina Harrison, who was bitten at fifteen, vampirism isn't how most books and movies make it seem. For her and the rest of the Reformed Vampire Support Group vampirism is cramps, nausea, not being able to go out in the daytime, dizziness, being pretty much dead during the day, surviving on guinea pigs and vitamin supplements, having most of the world both know how and want to kill you if you reveal yourself, a Tuesday night support group, and, in Nina's opinion worst of all, hanging out with the same bunch of losers for ever and ever. And thats it. No turning into a bat, no giant mansions, no elegant predator, no superpowers. They can see in the dark, and they have small fangs, but that's about it. Nina has described being a vampire as "being stuck indoors with the flu watching daytime television, forever and ever." Then one of the group is killed, and suddenly any of them could be next. Now they need to find out who the killer is, and fast, before anyone else is turned to dust. This book is great. It has an interesting new take on vampires, and I loved Nina. It is a little gross at times, but the writing and plot are very good. READ IT!

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!! you did a report on this book!!!!??? this book is the best ever!!! i think every one of your blogger friends should read it!!!!

    AHHHH!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know hehe! I just got a little exited when I read your post!

    I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that I am going to read this again. the first time it was just a little confusing, but maybe if I read it again it will make more sense

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know... i guess i wasnt paying enough attention to the plot, and a lot of important bits kept slipping me by.

    note to self: GET THIS BOOK FROM LIBRARY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't re-read this. hehe!

    ReplyDelete