Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Brightly Woven

By Alexandra Bracken

Sydelle Mirabil lives in Cliffton, where there has been a ten-year drought. On the very day the rains come again, wizard Wayland North comes and takes Sydelle with him as his assistant. She is eager to escape her small town, but doesn't trust the wizard, who has secrets and a powerful enemy who appears very interested in Sydelle. As North and Sydelle make their way to Provincia, the capital, with information on the recent death of the king, secrets and danger surround them. A wonderful story and very well written. Just my kind of thing, though a little less violent that a lot of things I read. Lovely, just lovely. Sydelle makes a great heroine. I am REALLY hoping for a sequel, but not expecting one soon since Brightly Woven just came out this year.

3 comments:

  1. i like books about witches and wizards. like the magic thief, and whispering to witches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've read either of those but I agree with the sentiment. Magic rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete