Friday, June 4, 2010

Magic Burns

By Ilona Andrews

The Kate Daniels Series, Book Two

Mercenary Kate Daniels has plenty of problems, but her latest one is a bit more complex than normal. Every seven years the magic waves hit a flare. This means that magic controls the world, and for Kate this means that the magical problems she deals with are that much worse. Gods, goddesses, and monsters run rampant. When Atlanta's shapeshifter Pack asks her to recover a set of stolen maps, and Kate agrees to help Julie, a young girl whose mother has dissapeared and who is being targeted by monsters, Kate's life becomes more dangerous and complex than ever. Soon she is embroiled in a fight between two gods battling to be reborn, and if she can't stop them both, she won't survive and the city will be destroyed. I loved this book. Dark, violent, complex, and funny, though the humor does tend towards the dark and bloody. Go Kate! Love the series, love the book, love the author.

16 comments:

  1. interesting, I like dark humor in some cases, like in The Reformed Vampire Support Group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your comment on So This Is How It Ends. If that one is too dark for you then avoid this series like the plague. It is MUCH darker then Avatars. MUCH! And more violent and gory. I find it funny and VERY good but I am nuts, so my reliability is questionable. I don't think it's your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sokay, I shall not be plagued by the blood and gore of the books that you obviously find interesting. I just love the way your mind works.

    puuuurrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? You know how my mind works? Are you sure? I don't know how my mind works and it's my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh OF COURSE i know how your mind works, I am the psychic goddess of the mind. I can READ YOUR MIND!!!!! do you dare challenge my greatness??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry? What was that? You can read my mind? I don't buy it. If yu saw the inside of my mind you would go nuttier, and you haven't, so HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I have and I can't, so there you go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh? Sorry? Do you mean that you have read my mind or you have gone nuttier? Or something else? I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda, you should know already that its pretty much impossible for ME to go nuttier then i already am!

    ReplyDelete
  10. then again... maybe not....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't be fooled. It can ALWAYS get wierder. ALWAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your right, of course it can, especially with two highly crazed individuals as ourselves hanging around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup!And my crazed mind is getting more fuel all the time. AH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!! Please note the five explanation points.

    ReplyDelete
  14. explanation points noted!!!!!

    ReplyDelete