Friday, June 18, 2010

So This Is How It Ends

By Tui T. Sutherland

Avatars: Book One

What if the world ended? What if there were no more children and humanity was dying out? What if crystal monsters and strange, dangerous animal hybrids took this world over? And what if you were suddenly transported into that future? For Kali, Tigre, Gus, Diana, and Amon, this is exactly what happens. Now, trapped in a desperate, strange world and drawn together by otherworldly forces, the five teenagers must work together to survive and to figure out what has happened to them and to the earth.  I absolutely love this series, So This Is How It Ends is a great book. What a cool title, "So This Is How It Ends" purrrrrr. JUST my kind of thing. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Come on people! How can you not want to read a book about the end of the world? It's such an interesting subject!

9 comments:

  1. uuuh, I try to avoid anything that would, in the middle of the night, suddenly make me sit up in bed, chewing (ok, not CHEWING, more like gnashing) at my finger nails, in fright. or sitting idly at the breakfast table, waiting for the sound of the world slowly exploding into a thousand tiny pieces. probably not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. So no post-apocalyptic stories for Bubbles? Sokay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your post again I realize that I slightly sympathize, because I spend more time than I feel I should contemplating the apocalypse. Is that a bad thing? I think I read too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, thinking about the end of the world is not exactly something you want to be focusing your energy on for too long, But i think that exploring all possible ends is just part of our daily contemplation.
    No you don't read to much, but I still dont understand how you finish things so quickly, even boring books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, can't help you with how I finish books quickly. I have trouble understanding how other people DON'T read as quickly as me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently reread this and realized that the world ended in it on the end of the mayan calendar. December 2012. Cool, huh? I love it when authors do thier research. This author must have done a LOT of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoiu can't do a series this good that has greco-roman, egyptian, hindu, mayan, polynesian, norse, african, and sumerian gods in it and not do a lot of research. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds really cool!! i want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES!!! It is a REALLY cool series! Read it!

    ReplyDelete