Friday, March 5, 2010

Ivy

By Julie Hearn

Ivy is the story of a girl with the same name, wild, bright red hair, and now, a job as an artist's model. The artist, Oscar Aretino Frosdik, has little talent but believes that with Ivy as his model he will finally become great. However, Ivy is more than just a pretty face. A troubled past has left her with bad memories and a dangerous addiction. Ivy is a vegetarian and loves animals, lives with her aunt and cousins, and can't read or write. I just loved Ivy, both the girl and the book. The girl is a wonderful protagonist and the book is well written and the story is great. Ivy reminds me of some other book that I liked, but I can't remember its name. I havn't read anything else by this author yet, but I plan to do so soon. If you've read Ivy please let me know what you think, because I love to hear what other people think of books. Also let me know if you can reccomend anything good.

5 comments:

  1. I just noticed you put tags for different book genres. Thanks, that is helpful. I do like historical fiction. Should I start with Ivy or those crazy Jackie Faber ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on wheter you like more serious books or not. Jacky is more funny and lighter than Ivy so whichever you like better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i noticed that you wanted recommendations on books, so here is mine: i think you should try The Golden Goblet. Great book, great characters. it is placed in ancient Egypt, the rest you will have to find out for yourself because i dont feel like explaining it to you. Read it, i thenk you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to anyone who caught the puns in the cousins nicknames the first time around.

    ReplyDelete